The application period for 2019–2020 postdoctoral fellowships runs from November 1, 2018 –January 10, 2019.
An online info session with Q&A will be offered Thursday, December 13, at 2 p.m. EST. Register here to receive login instructions.
research proposals on all topics related to the study of Eurasia. This year’s program will not be structured around an overarching theme. We are, however, particularly interested in applications from scholars with an interest in the following:
- Teaching a course in Russian imperial history, especially from scholars with experience in digital humanities.
- Topics exploring the political, economic and social connectivity of Central Asia and/or the Caucasus.
The Center will award Postdoctoral Fellowships within the framework of the 2019–2020 Fellows Program. More senior scholars with outside or sabbatical funding who wish to be in residence at the Davis Center in 2019–2020 should apply using the Visiting Scholar application.
Eligibility and Terms
- For junior scholars who will have completed the Ph.D. or equivalent by September 2019, but no earlier than September 2014.
- Scholars may apply to be in residence for 9 months or 12 months.
- Stipend of up to $40,500 for 9 months or $54,000 for 12 months. A teaching postdoc will be compensated at $46,000 for 9 months.
- $5,000 in additional research funding.
- Eligible for employee benefits (including subsidized health insurance).
- Shared office space and borrowing privileges at Harvard libraries provided.
- Citizens of all countries may apply.
Application Instructions and the full call are available at https://daviscenter.fas.harvard.edu/research/individual-research/fellows-program/how-apply