When: August 2023
Organizer: Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg
Course led by Dr. Simone Arnhold and Dr. René Kunze.
With the support of the Volkswagen Foundation, the Seminar for Oriental Archaeology and Art History at Martin Luther University is organising a four weeks Summer School on excavation techniques and documentation in Armenia in August 2023.
PhD students, primarily from Armenia, Georgia and neighbouring countries, can take part in a comprehensive, practice-oriented teaching programme. Specialist scientists and technicians will impart sound knowledge of excavation theory as well as intensive field training.
- Excavation methods and surveying,
- Pottery processing and documentation,
- Remote sensing,
- Measuring, GIS workshop,
- Contamination-free sampling,
- Insight into object photography, computer-aided drawing, and AutoCAD,
- Botanical workshop,
- Anthropological workshop (recovery, restoration, and analysis of human skeletal remains),
- Geological workshop,
- Scientific writing.
Participation in the Summer School is free of charge and includes free accommodation.
Interested applicants should apply by 31.03.2023 with a letter of motivation, a recommendation from their supervisor and a CV.
Questions and registrations: email@example.com
Please visit the official website.