ASEEES is able to offer a limited number of travel grants to subsidize the travel of faculty, research specialists, and independent scholars who permanently reside in Eastern Europe and Eurasia to present their papers at the ASEEES annual convention. Applications will be judged on intellectual merit of the paper topic with a view to disciplinary and regional balances. Where possible, priority will be given to candidates who are first-time convention presenters or junior scholars whose institutions offer limited funding.
Grant Amount: Up to $1,000 USD plus convention registration fee waiver
Eligibility: Applicant must be:
- A permanent resident in any of the following countries: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, or Uzbekistan;
- Presenting a paper on a regular panel (chairs, discussants, and roundtable participants are not eligible to apply);
- A regular member of ASEEES at time of application (affiliate, joint, and student members are not eligible to apply – view reduced membership fee offer);
- NOT a student (Graduate students from all parts of the world are encouraged to apply for the Davis Student Travel Grants.)
- Not in receipt of ASEEES regional scholar travel grant in the last three years.
Deadline: June 1, 2015 (All applicants will be notified of their status by July 1)
For more information, see http://aseees.org/convention/grants/regional