- Responsible for running the organization’s programming (funding competitions, workshops, lectures, networking sessions, and travel programs)
- Responsible for all media, outreach, and public relations of the organization
- Manages curriculum materials submitted from grant projects
- Assists the Executive
Director in the day-to-day running of the American Research Institute of the
South Caucasus (ARISC)
- Clerical duties
- Event and meeting coordination
- In the absence of support staff, assumes responsibilities as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; M.A. or Ph.D. preferred
- Familiarity with the South Caucasus, experience in the South Caucasus preferred
- Familiarity with US educational institutions
- Excellent record in administration, grants management, or relevant research experience
- Experience in program management, education or a non-profit organization
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as effective analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to be flexible while working under constantly changing priorities
- A strong ability to work independently and show strong initiative, judgement, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgement while overseeing complex projects
- Ability to work with tact, diplomacy, confidentiality, and professionalism in dealing with diverse clientele and community members
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and email programs
- Knowledge of WordPress for website maintenance
- Familiarity with software for creating newsletters and publications
- Proficiency in using teleconferencing software
The position is for 20 hours a week and is paid on monthly salary. The position runs from October 1, 2020, at the earliest, until September 30, 2021, and may be renewable for up to three years (until September 30, 2024), pending renewal of funding. The position may continue further into the future with additional grant funding. The salary for this part-time position is $20,000/year and is non-negotiable.
ARISC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or status as a covered veteran.
ARISC is a drug-free workplace.
This position is partially supported with a grant from the US Department of Education.
To apply, please submit a CV or resume (no more than 4 pages in length), a cover letter, as well as the names and contact information of three references to info [at] arisc [dot] org with the subject line, “Application – Assistant Director.”
Deadline for Application: Friday, November 20, 2020