The Institute of Archeology and Ethnography of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia is organizing a conference on the epigraphic cultural heritage of the Armenian Highlands and settlements, dedicated to the 80th anniversary of the founding of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia. The main goal of the conference is to present the perception of writing in the context of human thought and culture based on the tradition of epigraphy, emphasizing the values of source study of the stone chronicle.
The application for participation in the conference and the abstract (200-300 words) should express the scientific novelty of the report and relate to the following topics:
• Petroglyphs (the simplest forms of information transfer),
• Epigraphy of Pre-Mashtotsian scripts (cuneiform, hieroglyphic, Aramaic, Greek, Latin, etc.)
• Epigraphy of Mashtotsian scripts (carved, embossed, painted),
• Epigraphy in other languages (Georgian, Albanian, Persian, Arabic, Assyrian, etc.),
• Content, language and art of epigraphic inscriptions,
• Unofficial epigraphy – graffiti.
Please, send the abstracts of the reports in Armenian or English by October 1. Applications selected by the organizing committee will be announced till October 15. The conference will take part on November 10-11, 2023. The selected reports will be published in the special collection of articles till April 1, 2024.
The application form for participation
Contacts: email@example.com, +374 94 73 00 27
For more information, please visit https://iae.am/en/events-and-activities/1184