The American Research Institute of the South Caucasus (ARISC) invites requests for co-sponsorship funds for events related to the South Caucasus. All topics in the social sciences, humanities, and related sciences are eligible, and events must take place either in Armenia, Azerbaijan, or Georgia. Requests will be judged on the quality of their academic caliber and on the value to the local scholarly community. All information must be received by Wednesday, November 1, 2017, in order for the applicant to be considered for the priority deadline. If funds remain after that time, applications will be accepted until funds are exhausted, at which time our website will indicate the competition closed for 2017-18.
To submit a request, please send us an email with “Co-sponsorship Request” in the subject title and the following information:
– name, title, institutional affiliation, and contact information of the individual submitting the request
– title of event
– date(s), location, and time of event
– description of the event, including purpose, participants, and organizers of the event
– justification for ARISC co-sponsorship
– amount requested, itemized, and in US dollars, not to exceed $1700 (Note: any unused funds must be returned to ARISC.)
– other co-sponsors and the dollar/in-kind amounts of their support, as needed
– date by which ARISC’s response is requested (Note: ARISC needs a minimum of 3 weeks to respond to a request.)
– means by which the value and impact of the event will be evaluated
Additional Terms and Conditions:
- Applicants must be professors, lecturers, independent researchers, or PhD candidates affiliated with a U.S. institution. Preference will be given to ARISC members: institutional, individual, or student. If your institution is not a member, you can sign up for a student membership for $10, individual membership for $40. Information on membership is available at http://arisc.org/?page_id=44.
- Events must take place in the South Caucasus and must be completed by September 30, 2018. Extensions will not be granted.
- Awardees are expected to make contact with the ARISC country representative in each country or countries where the co-sponsored event will take place as soon as possible upon acceptance of request to begin collaborating on announcing the event.
- ARISC must be listed as co-sponsor in all announcements and publications for the event.
- Co-sponsorship awardees are eligible to request a second co-sponsorship no sooner than October 1, 2018.
- If the funds will be used to cover travel costs between the US and South Caucasus, the travel must meet the provisions of the “Fly America Act.”
- ARISC does not advise fellows on tax questions concerning their award.
Funds will be dispersed upon completion of proposed event. For final reporting and accounting, all original receipts must be turned in along with the event’s program and photographs. Please note that any concurrent co-sponsorship from another source should not duplicate the costs supported by ARISC’s co-sponsorship. ARISC will be listed as a co-sponsor of the event in all announcements.
Funding for this opportunity is made possible through a grant from the Council of American Overseas Research Centers (CAORC).
ARISC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, or status as a covered veteran.