Position title: Executive Director, Caucasus Nature Fund
Reports to: Board of Directors
Location: Germany or Tbilisi Georgia, with frequent travel to Yerevan, Armenia and Baku, Azerbaijan
Closing Date: July 31, 2015
Contract: Permanent, full time
The Caucasus Nature Fund (CNF) is the leading conservation trust fund in Europe. Established in 2008 with support from BMZ (The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development), WWF and Conservation International, we are a dynamic foundation managing almost € 30 million in assets to provide support to the national parks and nature reserves of the South Caucasus biodiversity hotspot (Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia). Through our innovative sustainable financing mechanism, we aim to conserve the unique flora and fauna of this region, while improving the day-to-day lives of the local people.
Our model emphasizes long-term commitment, transparency and accountability. Working in partnership with the governments, we provide support through matching grants, which cover protected area (PAs) operating costs such as salaries, equipment, vehicles and renewal and maintenance of park facilities. We also work directly with the PAs to improve management and planning. We regularly adapt our funding to address the most important needs of the PAs as they evolve. For more information please visit us at: www.caucasus-naturefund.org.
We are looking for a new Executive Director to provide leadership for and continue the growth of CNF. With the guidance of an experienced and engaged Board of Directors, you will lead a small and focused team of six people in three countries, managing the organization across its programs, finances, marketing and operations. You will inspire and motivate the whole foundation.
You will need outstanding interpersonal skills to create a collaborative and cohesive working environment that makes the most of the talents and passion of our diverse workforce. You will provide strategic leadership and direction. You will be the public face of the foundation, helping build and promote our reputation among supporters, sponsors and all key stakeholders, able to navigate sensitively in complex political, cultural and development environments.
- Work with the board to adapt the strategic direction of CNF and its overall program and goals as circumstances change.
- Represent and promote the Foundation’s interests in dealings with the governments, local and international NGOs, businesses and donors, and the media.
- Lead, manage and develop the team to ensure a high-performing, motivated and collaborative culture.
- Provide leadership and overall direction and coordination for all PA conservation activities in the three South Caucasus countries that CNF supports.
- Oversee CNF staff in developing and expanding the grant program so that grant resources are efficiently allocated and result in measurable improvement in PA management effectiveness.
- Manage all non-program areas of the foundation to ensure progress against agreed deliverables and budgets. This will include:
- Managing the budget, including setting and achieving financial objectives and targets, as well as financial reporting
- Working with the Board to manage the foundation’s assets and investments
For more information and full call, see http://caucasus-naturefund.org/jobs/executive-director/