GeoWel Research, a Tbilisi-based research organisation, is announcing a 3-month research fellowship program that will start immediately. The objective of the internship will be for interns to gain a wide experience in conducting highly numerate research, largely focused on economic development, for large international organizations, across the region. Interns will receive a stipend of 300-500 GEL per month, depending on applicants experience.
GeoWel research focuses on economic development issues, particularly relating to agricultural development, but we have also completed projects on rule of law, gender, civil service reform, education, IDPs, political parties and security.
– 3 month fellowship of intensive research and writing experience with a monthly stipend of 300 GEL (though this may be a higher depending on experience)
– Detailed understanding of a range of different economic sectors in Georgia and the region
– Research training in surveys, focus group development and management and practical business and economic analysis
– Advanced English writing experience
– Project management and organizational experience
– Help in the development and implementation of research projects
– Review existing materials on a given subject and provide clear and – – Analyse government statistics on a range of issues, interpreting large quantities of data to draw compelling conclusions
– Conduct small phone surveys, collate and analyse the results
– Arrange, conduct and write-up focus groups
– Conduct interviews with business people, experts and government officials
– Develop questionnaires for large N-surveys in consultation with the research team
– Provide administrative support to the company
Requirements of Fellows:
– Fellows must be fluent Georgian speakers
– Fellows should be smart, dedicated, hard-working and open to criticism
– Good English language skills are essential
– Good numeracy skills.
– A good working knowledge of excel would be useful though not essential
– Knowledge of agricultural economics
– Knowledge of survey methodology
The Application process:
Step 1: Applicants need to send:
– CV + Cover letter
– A sample of YOUR OWN written work, in English. For example, an analytical essay or master’s thesis. The sample can be on any subject related to Georgian economy, politics and society
Step 2: First round selected applicants will be called in for testing. Tests will occur in the second half of October in GeoWel’s office. This will include an English language test, math and logic tests and several other practical research tasks.
Step 3: A short interview
Deadline for initial applications – 5pm 10th October 2014
Queries and applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org