The Armenian Studies Program (ASP) invites junior scholars to apply for the Manoogian Post-Doctoral Fellowship at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. The purpose of the Fellowship is to offer research and teaching opportunity to junior scholars in Armenian Studies. Fellows will be asked to participate in the ASP sponsored events, present one public lecture, and teach one undergraduate course in addition to conducting their research. Scholars are required to spend the 2018-19 academic year (September –August) in residence at the University of Michigan.
ASP will award up to two one-year Post-doctoral fellowships for 2018-19 academic year.
- The PhD is the only eligible terminal degree. Applicants must have successfully defended their dissertation before the start of their potential tenure as Manoogian Fellows.
- Applicants may be no more than three years out of their doctorate and they may not be tenured yet (may not be tenured during the fellowship year either).
- Research and proposed course should be related to Armenian Studies (history, language, literature, culture, and politics).
For the 2018-19 academic year, the Fellowship carries a stipend of $48,000 and a $2000 research/travel fund. Fellows will be eligible for the U-M high-quality benefits package.
Application materials should be sent directly to armenianstudies “at” umich. edu.
- Current CV
- Electronic copy of dissertation. If dissertation is not complete at the time of the application, applicant should forward the completed parts with a detailed outline of the rest of the work. If dissertation is not in English, please provide a chapter in translation and other writing samples in English.
- Statement regarding proposed research during tenure as a Fellow (maximum 2 pages)
- Description of course(s) the applicant proposes to teach (maximum 1 page per course)
- Three letters of recommendation, which should be sent directly from recommenders to ASP at armenianstudies “at” umich. edu.
Applications for 2018-19 Post-doctoral Fellowships must be received by 11:59 pm EST on January 15, 2018. Applicants will be notified of results in March 2018.
Questions should be directed to armenianstudies “at” umich. edu or 734.763.0622.