The American Research Institute of the South Caucasus (ARISC) is committed to protecting your privacy
The following privacy notice describes what information we collect from you when you visit arisc.org and how we use this information. Please read this privacy notice carefully so that you understand our privacy practices.
- You may visit our website without being required to volunteer any information.
- When information is requested, by entering your information, you agree to the collection, use, and retention of the data by the American Research Institute of the South Caucasus (ARISC).
- ARISC receives, collects, and stores any information you enter on our website or that we receive through browser cookies.
- If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use this site.
II. Information Collected
- Volunteered: To sign up for ARISC’s South Caucasus forum we may ask for personal data such as your name, mailing address, phone number, and email address.
- Cookies: ARISC’s website makes use of browser cookies. A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies collect usage details, IP addresses, and other information about how users interact with ARISC’s site. This information is used to compile reports including the number of visitors to the site, where the visitors come from and what pages they visit. When a user revisits the website, ARISC may recognize the visitor by the internet cookie and may customize the users experience accordingly. When a user performs a search within the website, ARISC may record information identifying the user or linking the user to the search performed.
III. Why the Information is Gathered
All the data collected is used by ARISC to provide information to you from us including newsletters, grant and fellowship announcements, and event notifications. The information is also used to determine who is accessing our website, the duration of any visit and which pages are viewed.
IV. Disclosures to Third Parties
ARISC discloses personal information to the following third parties.
- Social Media Presence: If you share our content through social media, such as liking us on Facebook or tweeting about us on Twitter, those social networks will record that you have done so and may set a cookie for this purpose. If you wish to opt-out of any of these social interactions, please refer to the specific social media platform for instructions on how to do so.
- External Website Links: Some information on our website contains links to external websites that we neither own nor control. ARISC is not responsible for the content, privacy practices, or web accessibility needs on these websites.
- Legal, Regulatory, Grant Making Entities: ARISC may disclose personal data as we deem necessary to respond to requests from public, governmental, regulatory, and foundation entities.
- Commercial Purposes: Personal information provided to ARISC will never be sold or disclosed for commercial purposes.
ARISC retains personal data only for as long as necessary for our legitimate purposes.
You have the right to request access to your data to correct it. If you want to see the information we have collected on you, contact us at email@example.com.